- Where is Algarve located?
- Why choose the Algarve for your holiday?
- What to do in the Algarve?
- Do people from other parts of Portugal visit the Algarve?
- What is the geography like in Algarve?
- Why is the Algarve so popular?
- What does Algarve mean?
- Where to go in Algarve Portugal?
- What makes the Algarve so special?
- Is the Algarve the cheapest European holiday destination?
- Why choose the Algarve for your family holiday?
- Is the Algarve a safe place to retire?
Where is Algarve located?
Algarve, historical province of southern Portugal, bounded by the Atlantic Ocean (south and west) and the lower Guadiana River (east).
Why choose the Algarve for your holiday?
- Best beach - For families - Day trips The Algarve is the beautiful southern coastline of Portugal. It is a region blessed with glorious sandy beaches, picturesque fishing towns and a glorious climate, all of which combine to create the perfect holiday destination.
What to do in the Algarve?
You can use footpaths and cycle trails to get to know the region, such as the Algarve Way inland or the Vicentine Route along one of the best preserved coastal stretches. And boat rides are another ecological way to observe the flora and fauna. At the table, you will be delighted with the fresh fish and seafood, either grilled or in a casserole.
Do people from other parts of Portugal visit the Algarve?
Portuguese people from other parts of the country also visit the region in large numbers, especially in the peak of the summer (July and August) and a sizable number of Portuguese citizens residing in other Portuguese regions, including retired people, own a holiday home in Algarve.
What is the geography like in Algarve?
Algarve, historical province of southern Portugal, bounded by the Atlantic Ocean (south and west) and the lower Guadiana River (east). Much of the interior upland region is of low productivity and is sparsely populated; the fertile coastal lowland is more densely inhabited.
Why is the Algarve so popular?
The Algarve is the southernmost region of Portugal, on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean. It is Portugals most popular holiday destination due to the approximately 200 km of clean beaches, the cool, unpolluted water, and the fact that it is relatively cheap, very safe, and overall welcoming. Photo: Stevenfruitsmaak, CC BY-SA 3.0.
What does Algarve mean?
The Algarve ( UK: / ælˈɡɑːrv, ˈælɡ -/, US: / ɑːlˈɡɑːrvə, ælˈ -/, Portuguese: [alˈɡaɾvɨ] ( listen)) is the southernmost region of continental Portugal. It has an area of 4,997 km 2 (1,929 sq mi) with 451,006 permanent inhabitants, and incorporates 16 municipalities.
Where to go in Algarve Portugal?
Tavira The prettiest of all, Tavira is among the best places to go in Algarve and one of the best small towns in Portugal. This seaside gateway has taken the modern tourist in its stride while maintaining its old charm. Enveloped by Praia do Barril and Praia da Ilha de Tavira, the town flexes its coastal beauty.